Despite recent marketing campaigns by its main rivals Bing and Yahoo, Google remains the dominant search engine in the UK with about 90% of the market.
Although there has been a very slight fall in the year, it is still the main way people find services and products, so you should ensure your website has at least the basics in place to get indexed:
- Make sure your website’s XML sitemap is up to date and submit this to Google using their ‘webmaster tools’
- Set up Google Analytics so you can monitor your website traffic
- Verify your website with Google
- Ensure your website page links have plain English and descriptive text
- Seek links or mentions from other good quality websites
- Create a buzz around your website so you get links back to your website from social media
- Consider pay per click advertising with Google Adwords
- Keep doing conventional marketing including email marketing campaigns
If you have any questions about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) get in touch with Dinesh on 07941 686113 or submit our contact form.